axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Greif" <jgr...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: java2wsdl include wsd file
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:55:06 GMT
MessageIt appears that this is not exactly best practice, although the WSDL
1.1 spec is ambiguous and some processors for it are loose enough to allow
it.

More recently (in the deliberations over WSDL 1.2) I believe it was
established that wsdl:import may only appear as a child of wsdl:definitions
and must import only documents whose root element is an allowed child of
wsdl:definitions, such as <types>.

Schema imports should occur inside the schemas that need elements from the
relevant namespace.  This is in order that the importing schema be valid
(that is, if you take the importing schema out of the wsdl file, and run a
schema validator on it, all the datatypes it references from other
namespaces must be found via imports, so those imports should occur within
that schema).

I think a more forward-compatible way to do this is:
<definitions>
   <types>
      <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://data.sequencer.waterford.org "
...>
           <xsd:import namespace="urn:datatypes:sequencer"
schemaLocation="utilSchema.xsd"/>
            <xsd:import
namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

Jeff