axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Sgarlata" <sgarl...@crystalcognition.com>
Subject Possible bug: empty namespaces for attributes using doc-literal
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:25:53 GMT
I may have found a bug with Axis' treatment of doc-literal encoding in Axis
1.2 alpha.  My basic steps were:
1) Create a WSDL file with complexTypes defined using XML Schema
2) Run wsdl2java to generate my WSDD, skeletons, etc.

The classes generated by WSDL2Java that correspond to my complexTypes in my
schema seem to have the namespaces specified incorrectly in the typeDesc
initialization code (the namespaces are blank instead of using my
namespace).  For an example, see line 212 of Capability.java.  This causes
Axis' SOAP response to contain a blank namespace for my attributes, like
this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <soapenv:Body>
  <capability xmlns="urn:jroc:services:0:1:schema:CapabilityService">
   <controlNum xmlns="">104-41022207</controlNum>
   <title xmlns="">testing</title>
   <description xsi:nil="true" xmlns=""/>
   <capabilityNum xsi:nil="true" xmlns=""/>
   <dataCreatedDate xmlns="">2004-03-08T19:13:00.000Z</dataCreatedDate>
   <poc xsi:type="ns1:Person"
xmlns:ns1="urn:jroc:services:0:1:schema:CapabilityService" xmlns="">
    <emailAddress>Sgarlata_Matt@testing.com</emailAddress>
    <firstName>Matt</firstName>
    <middleName>Joseph</middleName>
    <lastName>Sgarlata</lastName>
    <phoneNumber xsi:nil="true"/>
   </poc>
  </capability>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The xmlns should be "urn:jroc:services:0:1:schema:CapabilityService" not ""
for all attributes (including the poc attribute).

Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or if this really is a bug?
If it's a bug, I might be able to prepare and submit a patch.  To verify if
this is a bug, I attached my WSDL, my Axis-generated Capability and Person
objects (that correspond to the <capability> and <poc> elements), my mapping
file, and my Axis-generated WSDD file.

Matt