axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kay Chee Cheung" <Kay.Chee.Che...@opsm.com.au>
Subject Problem in deploying Axis 1.1 to Tomcat 5
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:21:08 GMT
Dear Axis Users,

   I tried to deploy Axis 1.1 to Tomcat 5 ( provided with Web Service
Developer Pack 1.3 ) by copying the webapps/axis directory from Axis
installation to Tomcat webapps directory. After starting Tomcat, I could
not find the start page, 127.0.0.1:8080/axis.  When I try to start axis
from Tomcat Application Manager, I got the error message "FAIL -
Application at context path /axis could not be started".

    I tried the same procedure before with Tomcat 4 ( in Web Service
Developer Pack 1.0 ) and it worked.

    I tried copying the xcerces jar files into axis/WEB-INF/lib as
mentioned in the installation instruction. Still it did not work.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Kay Chee Cheung