axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ian_d_stew...@bankone.com
Subject Re: documentation tag and javadoc
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:21:07 GMT
Hey Stuart,

AXIS uses reflection to generate the WSDL.  As such, it does not have
access to the JavaDoc, which is only contained within the Java source.

What we have done is place our documentation within a seperate XML file,
then we have a seperate servlet which merges this documentation with the
WSDL generated by AXIS.

HTH,
Ian

                    Stuart Barlow

                    <sbarlow@peopl       To:     axis-user@ws.apache.org

                    edoc.com>            cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: documentation tag and javadoc

                    02/23/2004

                    07:11 AM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-user

I take from the lack of response that the answer to this question
is no unless I extend AXIS?

Stuart Barlow wrote:
> Is there a way to automatically map javadoc to <documentation> tags
> in AXIS 1.1?
>
> Or in AXIS 1.2?
>
> Thanks,
> Stuart.

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.