axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "christopher justin" <christopher_jus...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Axis RPC WebService that returns an Document object
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:16:09 GMT
According to the FAQ http://ws.apache.org/soap/faq/  (How do you return a
DOM Element from an RPC Call?  )     You can return a DOM Element...  As
well according to an IBM paper "Exploring Apaches serialzation APIs"
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-soapmap1/   -
If you look for "Literal XML" in that paper, you can return an
org.w3c.dom.Element .

For the sake of interoperabilty, the only problem I have seen is that SOAP
clients such as PHP NuSOAP, it doesn't know how to extract the literal XML
yet... it seems to deal with the more basic return types currently.  The
more used clients like .NET should be able to pull the literal XML from the
response.

Does anyone have any other experiences with returning DOM objects?

>From: "Vivek Nagulapati" <vivek_nagulapati@hotmail.com>
>To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>Subject: RE: Axis RPC WebService that returns an Document object
>Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:57:45 -0600
>
>Hi Richard,
>
>I tried implementing a web service which returns an XML document. I am not
>sure if you could return an XML "Document" object directly but what I did
>was serialized the XML DOM tree to a string and returned it. It worked
>fine!
>
>If you need further information, do email the list
>
>HTH,
>Vivek
>
>>From: "Ng, Richard" <RNG@DeepBridge.Com>
>>To: "'axis-user@ws.apache.org'" <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
>>Subject: Axis RPC WebService that returns an Document object
>>Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:01:13 -0500
>>
>>Hi,
>>

>>I need some directions or sample code of an RPC webservice that returns to
>>client an Document Object.
>>

>>I assume using the DocumentSerializerFactory will do the trick.
>>

>>-Rich Lex

>Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday.
>http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.