axis-java-user mailing list archives

From NICHOLLS T Ext OCISI <tnicholls....@francetelecom.com>
Subject RE: How do I handle overloaded methods?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:53:22 GMT
Thanks for the info Tom, I have found the official note here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-wsdl20-20031110/#mig_ops

Cheers,
Thomas

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tom Oinn [mailto:tmo@ebi.ac.uk]
Envoyé : mardi 10 février 2004 12:46
À : axis-user@ws.apache.org
Objet : Re: How do I handle overloaded methods?

Hi Thomas,

This is probably not the most helpful answer, but I strongly suggest
changing your service. Method overloading is not supported in the latest
WSDL specifications, any support that axis may or may not have for it is
completely non standard and will likely just cause you problems.

If you really want to do this then you'll probably have to construct the
Call object yourself, there are ways to specify the argument types of
the desired target operation I believe, the API is your friend for this one.

Cheers,

Tom