axis-java-user mailing list archives

From NICHOLLS T Ext OCISI <tnicholls....@francetelecom.com>
Subject How do you perform a transport protocol change using Axis?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:45:15 GMT
Hello guys,

I have to do a transport protocol change when I send web services requests and responses over
the internet, from one intranet to another. Internally on the intranets the web services communication
will be SOAP over HTTP, but when being transfered over the internet it should be send as SOAP
over JMS.

My idea for a solution is two create two "gateways" that can perform transport protocol changes.
The two gateways will be installed in Axis based containers (in my case the Axis integrated
in JOnAS) and the actual gateway applications will be web services running in the two Axis
installations.

As far as I can understand it shouldn't be an issue to send SOAP over JMS with Axis, but I
haven't yet figured out whether or not I can do this transport protocol change without modifying
the message.

So my question is:
Does anyone have any ideas or maybe even examples of how a transport protocol change service
for Axis could be created?

Regards,
Thomas