axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marepalli, Somesh" <Somesh.Marepa...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Overriding method signatures
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:41:15 GMT
You can do overloading in WSDL if your starting document is a WSDL
http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5
1&t=000240

And if you are generating WSDL from Java code - I believe axis renamed
operations appropriately...

But a general note of cauting - In the Web services world, overloading
is looked down upon...as not all client languages may support it. From
WSDL 1.2, it's not allowed as part of standard

Regards
-Somesh
-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Rehman [mailto:jrehman@citysearch.com]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 5:30 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Overriding method signatures

Can I get Axis to expose overridden method signatures with Java2WSDL?
For example, create(Person) and create(Project) are defined in the same
interface. I would like to avoid writing something like
createPerson(Person) and createProject(Project) but alas I am a SOAP
neophyte.

Thanks for your help!

--
Thanks,