axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wagh, Shrikant" <shrikant.w...@hp.com>
Subject RE: method name is not passed in SOAP envelope
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:27:23 GMT
Hi Oleg,

If you look at your WSDD file the web service you deployed is of
document literal type. And for document literal type of services the
request does not contain the element with the  method name as the
immediate child of the body. In turn the firsy child is the
message->part->element.

<service name="sequencer" provider="java:RPC" style="document"
use="literal">

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Shrikant...

HPP/eProfile QA Lead. HP

For those who are interested in Web Services testing:

I found that WebServiceTester from Optimyz software is a very good tool
for testing any types of web services, and I'm great fan of this tool.
It supports all types of web services, and all simple and complex types
and it very usable than any other tool in the market I ever
used/evaluated. It automatically generates the SOAP requests and invokes
the intended web services. It can perform functional, regression and
load testing of web services. Result analysis and status reporting is
just wonderful.  I'll highly recommend this tool for testing web
services, saves lots of time and efforts in testing web services. For
more information visit http://www.optimyz.com <http://www.optimyz.com/>
.

DISCLAIMER

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS/OPINIONS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT HP, AND THE
INFORMATION PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE I/HP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
INFORMATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.