axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Melvin" <Jonathan.Mel...@heywood.co.uk>
Subject RE: JNI InvocationTargetException w/Tomcat service
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:04:50 GMT
For JNI the dlls need to be in the VM's java.library.path . This is
usually set when the vm is started on the command line with something
like -Djava.library.path="C:\my dll folder" . I have no idea where you
set this for tomcat, and I don't think you can set it in java either.

Jon M

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark [mailto:markd@bellsouth.net]
Sent: 13 February 2004 16:48
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: JNI InvocationTargetException w/Tomcat service

I have an Axis web service that needs to utilize numerous JNI C++
components under Win2k. Putting the location of the .DLL/.LIB files in
the
system PATH works fine when running Tomcat in standalone console mode.
However, when Tomcat is run as a service I get the following error when
attempts at using the DLLs are made:

I've searched the Axis mail archives and seen where it's been suggested
putting the components under System32 directory but due to the sheer
volume, I'd prefer not doing that if at all possible.

Anyone experienced/solved this problem when runningTomcat as a service?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and should not be used by
anyone who is not the original intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by using the reply facility on your e-mail system.