axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <jose.arev...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: How do I handle overloaded methods?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:51:56 GMT
Let your service to handle the overloading.  You do not want to put it at WSDL level.

-----Original Message-----
From: NICHOLLS T Ext OCISI [mailto:tnicholls.ext@francetelecom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 4:31 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: How do I handle overloaded methods?

Hi Guys,

I have a web service with two methods with the same name and with the same number of parameters
but with different parameter types. When running my client which uses Java proxy/stubs generated
with wsdl2java (I used the ANT task) I get the exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (class com.mypackage.MyClass -> class java.lang.String)

My methods both take one parameter. One takes the type com.mypackage.MyClass as parameter
and the other takes java.lang.String.

Apparently the generated proxy/stubs do not distinguish between my two methods since they
have the same name. How can I specify which of the methods I want to use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Thomas Nicholls

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com