axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark <ma...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: JNI InvocationTargetException w/Tomcat service (solved).
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:22:19 GMT
In my case, java.library.path is null for both the standalone and service
modes of Tomcat.

It seems that when TC's running as a service, it ignores the drive prefix
on the windows PATH.  The DLLs were on drive D: and even though that's what
was in the PATH, they still couldn't be found.  I was able to resolve the
problem 2 different ways:

(a) Move the DLLs to C:, change the path to reflect that, then restart
Tomcat service.
(b) Uninstall the Tomcat service, re-install it using the -path option to
point to the D: directory DLLs.

I'm sure there's an explanation as to why the drive either defaults to C:
or is being ignored when TC is running as an NT service, but in any case I
solved the problem.

Mark