axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Wilfred Springer <Wilfred.Sprin...@Sun.COM>
Subject Lost in WSDL faults
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:53:51 GMT
Hi all,

I've been staring at the following piece of WSDL for half a day now. This is a WSDL file that
*is* accepted by Apache AXIS, but rejected by JWSDP. And I want to know why. I know for sure
it has something to do with the faults found in HelloWorldExceptionMessage. JWSDP gives this
error:

[wscompile] in message "HelloWorldExceptionMessage", part "helloWorldException"
must specify a "type" attribute

I *know* I can fix it by refering to a type instead of to an element, but I want to know *why*
this is required. Both the WSDL specs and WS-I do not provide a lot of help here. Any help
is appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--

This WSDL file defines message part HelloWorldExceptionMessage,
containing a single part refering to the ns2:HelloWorldException
element. AXIS accepts this. JWSDP doesn't accept it.

-->
<definitions
  name="HelloWorldService"
  targetNamespace="http://agilejava.com/hw/20040226/"
  xmlns:tns="http://agilejava.com/hw/20040226/"
  xmlns:ns2="http://agilejava.com/types/20040226/"
  <types>
      targetNamespace="http://agilejava.com/types/20040226/">
      <element name="HelloWorldException" type="xsd:string"/>
    </schema>
  </types>
  <message name="HelloRequest">
    <part name="requestor" type="xsd:string"/>
  </message>
  <message name="HelloResponse">
    <part name="message" type="xsd:string"/>
  </message>
  <message name="HelloWorldExceptionMessage">
    <part name="helloWorldException" element="ns2:HelloWorldException"/>
  </message>
  <portType name="HelloWorldPortType">
    <operation name="helloWorld">
      <input message="tns:HelloRequest"/>
      <output message="tns:HelloResponse"/>
      <fault name="helloWorldException" message="tns:HelloWorldExceptionMessage"/>
    </operation>
  </portType>
  <binding name="HelloWorldBinding" type="tns:HelloWorldPortType">
    <soap:binding style="rpc" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
    <operation name="helloWorld">
      <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <input>