axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nandakumar Mounasamy <kumar_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject axis 1.1 findings
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:29:21 GMT
Hello!

I spent few days trying to eval Axis 1.1 WS. After going thru' the
documents on the site and user group mails, and with the errors that i am
getting with the sample code, i am coming to the following conclusions.
Can someone confirm these?

a) Axis 1.1 does not support document and wrapped style services.
    It supports just rpc and message style Services.
    <service name="MyService" style="rpc" provider="java:RPC">
   <service name="MyService" style="message" provider="java:MSG">

b) Axis 1.1 does not support Attachments.

I also have few questions ...

Wondering if anyone has tried Document aServiceMethod(Document) type
mthods. I can't find sample code for this in the axis 1.1 bundle. Does
"Document" need a custom searializer?

Many Thanks
kumar