axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Heitzeg, Bill" <bill.heitzeg....@sabre.com>
Subject RE: Web Services testing
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:53:34 GMT
Thanks, I think what you're doing makes sense.  My customer is specifically interested in using
an off-the-shelf tool, so I would have to work at convincing them to go the JMeter approach.
 I proposed this, but an in-house programmer had bad experience with JMeter, so I think I'm
out of luck until he retires.

thanks again though.

-----Original Message-----
From: I-Sampige, Srinivas [mailto:srinivas.sampige@boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 7:56 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Web Services testing

First of all, are you looking for a free open source one or are you willing to spend money.
If you are looking for an open source tool then here you go -

I am using Jmeter for functional as well as load testing. Since I had special requirements
like attaching files to SOAP messsage directly; I extended  Jmeter classes (relatively simple).
I am handing this off to the tester who needs to just use a GUI (comes in JMeter) to input
different paramaters like the file to be attached etc. and build test cases. The actual test
can then be run in non GUI mode with result being output to files which can then be analyzed
later. You can contact me if you need further details.

Thanks
srinivas