axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Junaid.Bha...@mro.com
Subject RE: Discovering the webapp path.
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:45:19 GMT

You can try the following:

String realWebInfPath = ctx.getRealPath("/WEB-INF");

This should give you the abolute path to the the /WEB-INF folder assuming
your web app is not packaged up as a .war file (in this case it will return
null). You can then work off there.

- Junaid

             "Robert Lowe"
             <rmlowe@rmlowe.co
                                       <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
             01/07/2004 01:55                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Discovering the webapp path.
             Please respond to
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

getResourceAsStream() can be used to load any kind of file from the
classpath, not just .class files. For example, it can be used for image
files or configuration files--useful for loading any kind of resource when
you don't know or care about the nature of the underlying filesystem.

What it *can't* be used for however, is writing or modifying files, so it's
probably not useful to you.

What I've done in the past is include a configuration parameter (e.g. a
servlet init-param) to specify the filesystem location of the webapp
directory. Of course that's one more thing that needs to be configured at
deployment time-- but I'm not aware of a better solution.

Best regards,

Robert Lowe
http://RMLowe.com/