axis-java-user mailing list archives

From adelie-6.consult...@dgi.finances.gouv.fr
Subject Réf. : Re: How to send custom exception through SOAP message ?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:07:23 GMT
"jerome moliere" <jmoliere@nerim.net>
22/01/2004 12:00
Veuillez répondre à axis-user

        Pour :  axis-user@ws.apache.org
        cc :
        Objet : Re: How to send custom exception through SOAP message ?

>Hi damien,
>I guess that your custom exceptions may be child from remote exceptions
>because they must serialized....
Extract from http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html
"If a method is marked as throwing an Exception that is not an instance or
a subclass of java.rmi.RemoteException, then things are subtly different "

So, it is possible, according to the doc. I did exactly what is written
then (ie a subclass of Exception, with setter for 1 field, + a constructor
with 1 parameter), but I can't find in Axis response any reference to my
custom field "silo"

Remember, the exception is declared like this :
<wsdl:message name="RemoteFonctionnelException">
  <wsdl:part name="silo" type="xsd:int"/>
</wsdl:message>

In the response, class name can be found, but nothing else ! Do I have to
override toString() method, then to parse it for the client ?

Thanks

Damien