axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Dos Santos" <irk...@hotmail.com>
Subject Cannot load web service
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:09:39 GMT
Hi, I've installed Axis C++ and followed the instructions to publish a web
service. If I navigate to http://localhost/axis, I see the service in the
list and can access it's wsdl.

Now I'm trying to test this service. I've first used the example client in
C++. When I run it, it does`t work. Invoke returns 0 insteadd of param1 +
param2. I've setup TCPMonitor to see what's going on and found out that the
server is returning an error.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
     <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
           <SOAP-ENV:Body>
                <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
                     <faultcode>SOAPENV:Server</faultcode>
                     <faultstring>Cannot load web service</faultstring>
                     <faultactor>none</faultactor>
                 </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
            </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

So I wrote a Java client to see what happened. I modified the sample
TestClient to connect to my server and use Calculator service: the code is
this basically this:

	 Service  service = new Service();
	 Call  call = (Call) service.createCall();
	 call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new
java.net.URL("http://localhost/axis/Calculator") );

	 call.setOperationName(new QName("http://localhost:8080/axis/Calculator",
"subtract"));
	 Integer ret = (Integer) call.invoke( new Object[] { new Integer(1),new
Integer(2) } );

I get an exception sayin that the service is not registered in the server.
I can't see what am I doing wrong. Any idea will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Gabriel

MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/