axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Carbone Cedric <C.Carb...@NEOPOST.FR>
Subject RE: Using Castor with AXIS
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:55:36 GMT
Hi James,

This is the URL in Axis CVS to download the stuff you search :
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/encoding/
ser/castor/
I hope this URL help U.
Cheers,

Cedric Carbone
Neopost Industrie
cedric.carbone@brainsoft.fr
---------
For your information, i used, thanks an IBM tutorial ( see IBM's article
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-castor/ ),
Castor XML into Axis, 3 months ago.
However, I have finded bugs with WSDL2Java tool when my message is complex
(in fact, where my XSD is complex).
Today, I haven't fix the problem with complex XML Schema so I use Castor XML
outside Axis framework.

This is my message I sended 3 months ago on axis-mailing list :
---
The problem (described in this article) happens when I use the WSDL2Java
tool, with my WSDL (my WSDL import a complex XSD file (between <types>
tags)).
For each complexType, WSDL2Java generate an invalid XML by misplacing a fex
'<' and '>' in the output. For example, in the WSDD file, the qname attribut
of typeMapping tag contains 'ns:>message>request>elem'
  <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="http://neopost.com/schema"
        qname="ns:>message>request>elem"
        type="java:com.neopost.schema._message_request_elem"
        encodingStyle=""
  />
I think the problem is that WSDL2Java replaces each underscore in the name
of data classes (this classes will be replace by Castor XML generation) with
> in WSDD file.
So the class com.neopost.schema._message_request_elem (type attribute)
becomes ns:>message>request>elem (qname attribute).

Note that this bug appears not only on a WSDD generated file. For example,
in a MessageSOAPBindingStub class, I get :
qName = new javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://neopost.com/schema",
">message>request>elem");
in the constructor.

Note that I use Axis 1.1 from CVS version (because the version 1.1 final
don't contain org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.castor.* package).

Would you have any suggestion that might help me to solve my problem ?
Do you think this could be fixed in a near future. I found the idea of
mixing Axis and Castor capabilities really appealing but I would not
recommend to use it as it is because of a obvious lack of "polish".

Regards,
___