axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wagh, Shrikant" <shrikant.w...@hp.com>
Subject RE: exposing sub classes in WSDL
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:09:34 GMT
Hi Stuart,

You do not have to write add dummy operations to expose other
classes(user defined types).

Usually you describe all user defined complex types and the other custom
types (classes/beans) used by/contained in your complex type that are
used by the operations in your wsdl file in <types> section. Or you can
define those in separate XSD and import the schema in

If you want those to be part of WSDL emitted by axis, then you can use
type mapping in the WSDD file and describe each of those. The Axis
generated WSDL will have the information about all the custom types
indirectly used by your web service.

Hope this answers your query. If you need further help, please do not
hesitate to post your queries.

Good luck.

Shrikant Wagh
HPP/eProfile QA Lead. HP

For those who are interested in Web Services testing:
I found that WebServiceTester from Optimyz software is a very good tool
for testing any types of web services, and I'm great fan of this tool.
It supports all types of web services, and all simple and complex types
and it very usable than any other tool in the market I ever
used/evaluated. It automatically generates the SOAP requests and invokes
the intended web services. It can perform functional, regression and
load testing of web services. Result analysis and status reporting is
just wonderful.  I'll highly recommend this tool for testing web
services, saves lots of time and efforts in testing web services. For
more information visit http://www.optimyz.com.

DISCLAIMER
THESE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS/OPINIONS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT HP, AND THE
INFORMATION PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE I/HP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
INFORMATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.