axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wagh, Shrikant" <shrikant.w...@hp.com>
Subject RE: AXIS - Async
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:42:05 GMT
Hello Richard,

To best of my knowledge, axis does support one way invocation of the
services (IN-only) apart from Request/Response type (IN-OUT) of
invocations.

Call.invokeOneWay(java.lang.Object[] params)
          Invokes a remote method using the one-way interaction mode.

I'm not sure about other modes though, viz. Multi-IN-only,
Multi-OUT-only (broadcast), Multi-In-Single-OUT and other combinations,
there are total 8 types I think.

Do take a look at this article which describes how to develop async web
services using Axis and JMS.

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-asoper/?ca=dnt-436

Also in the resources section, following three articles might be very
helpful to you.

Read Holt Adams' developerWorks series about programming patterns to
build asynchronous Web services based on the four different transmission
primitives supported by WSDL.
Asynchronous operations and Web services, Part 1 (developerWorks, April
2002)
Asynchronous operations and Web services, Part 2 (developerWorks, June
2002)
Asynchronous operations and Web services, Part 3 (developerWorks,
October 2002)

Hope this info. helps.

Good luck.

Shrikant Wagh
HPP/eProfile QA Lead. HP

For those who are interested in Web Services testing:
I found that WebServiceTester from Optimyz software is a very good tool
for testing any types of web services, and I'm great fan of this tool.
It supports all types of web services, and all simple and complex types
and it very usable than any other tool in the market I ever
used/evaluated. It automatically generates the SOAP requests and invokes
the intended web services. It can perform functional, regression and
load testing of web services. Result analysis and status reporting is
just wonderful.  I'll highly recommend this tool for testing web
services, saves lots of time and efforts in testing web services. For
more information visit http://www.optimyz.com.

DISCLAIMER
THESE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS/OPINIONS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT HP, AND THE
INFORMATION PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE I/HP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
INFORMATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.