axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wagh, Shrikant" <shrikant.w...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Problems with Axis generated Java beans from XSD
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:55:30 GMT
Hi Somesh,

Even I had this problem when I used significantly complex user defined
types. I could not figure out why Axis was doing that. I tried with
different names for types, putting those in different names spaces,
etc... None of those worked.  What I did then, is as follows.

1.	Cleaned up all the classes and renamed the classes (removed
"-").
2.	Cleaned up the WSDD file, and specified the appropriate names
for operations and types
3.	Deployed the services using the cleaned up WSDD file.

This did worked for me, the WSDL emitted by axis was correct, with
intended operation names and types (without any of the "-" characters).

If you got any replies for avoiding this jugglery, please do share that
information with me.

Best regards,

HPP/eProfile QA Lead. HP

For those who are interested in Web Services testing:

I found that WebServiceTester from Optimyz software is a very good tool
for testing any types of web services, and I'm great fan of this tool.
It supports all types of web services, and all simple and complex types
and it very usable than any other tool in the market I ever
used/evaluated. It automatically generates the SOAP requests and invokes
the intended web services. It can perform functional, regression and
load testing of web services. Result analysis and status reporting is
just wonderful.  I'll highly recommend this tool for testing web
services, saves lots of time and efforts in testing web services. For
more information visit http://www.optimyz.com <http://www.optimyz.com/>
.

DISCLAIMER

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS/OPINIONS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT HP, AND THE
INFORMATION PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE I/HP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
INFORMATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.