axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wagh, Shrikant" <shrikant.w...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Axis and Basic Profile 1.0a
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:58:12 GMT
Hello Tony,

If you are interested in validating your WSDL and checking it for WS-I
Basic profile compliance, then WS-I test tool is really good.
I'll prefer that than MindReef SOAPscope. SOAPscope does not generate
the compliance report but WSI tool does generate a detailed HTML report
which is very useful.

I found that SOAPscope can be a good tool for debugging WSDL, but it not
a good testing tool. It does not support doc-lit services where the
in/out parameter types are defined in the imported XSD, It fails to
generate the request and hence fails to invoke the intended service. I
evaluated SOAPscope 2.0 tool for our testing, but did not serve our
purpose. Does not support parameterization, reporting etc. It has very
very primitive testing functionalities.

Thanks,

Shrikant Wagh
QA Lead, HPP/Eprofile, HP

For those who are interested in Web Services testing:
I found that WebServiceTester from Optimyz software is a very good tool
for testing any types of web services, and I'm great fan of this tool.
It supports all types of web services, and all simple and complex types
and it very usable than any other tool in the market I ever
used/evaluated. It automatically generates the SOAP requests and invokes
the intended web services. It can perform functional, regression and
load testing of web services. Result analysis and status reporting is
just wonderful.  I'll highly recommend this tool for testing web
services, saves lots of time and efforts in testing web services. For
more information visit http://www.optimyz.com.

DISCLAIMER
THESE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS/OPINIONS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT HP, AND THE
INFORMATION PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE I/HP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
INFORMATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.