axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doss Markus" <Markus.D...@rhein-zeitung.net>
Subject Transporting xml-content in Strings
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:50:51 GMT
Hi,

we using axis to transport xml files between server and client. We
transfer the content of  xml-files as strings instead of using
attachments (due vb-dotnet problems with the java generated
attachments). Now, if we send xml-content with the services (content is
UTF-8 codes and contains german umlauts) and write the content on the
client to files, we can not read the resulting xml-files on client side
with jdom.

If we transport strings with german umlauts, it works fine on client
side. Also it works, if we code the xml-content as byte-array and write
it to file on client side.

So what's wrong with strings which contains xml-content. Should we use
different encodings or code it base64 ?

Thanks
Markus