axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Akacem Mohammed <Mohammed.Aka...@arbeitsamt.de>
Subject in which case is a ServiceException thrown?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:54:53 GMT
Hello,

my client try to call a metode on the webservice und I get a RemoteException. Any idea when
a RemoteException is thrown.

I would like to know also when is a ServiceException  thrown. ( I can not debug because my
client is running on Production machine).
I know the webservice is running( I tried a client code which is opening  a connection to
the webservice and calling the same Methode with succes).

thanks for any help
Mohammed

hier is a snippet of my code

try
{ //
SteaImport-WebService benutzen SteaServiceServiceLocator loc = new SteaServiceServiceLocator();
 String address = setup.getServer()+setup.getService();
URL endpoint = new java.net.URL(address);
SteaService serv = loc.getSteaService(endpoint);

// StatusHolder -Objekt generieren
 StatusHolder sh_info = new StatusHolder();
sh_info.value = new Status(); // DStNr wird im WebService nicht verwendet
GrndsTrace.msg(METHOD_NAME, 7, "Datentransfer wird gestartet ");
serv.transfer(this.xml_asString, 0, sh_info, "username", "password");
st_steaImpMsg = sh_info.value.getErrorMessage();
 i_steaImpCode = sh_info.value.getErrorCode();

if (i_steaImpCode == 0)System.out.println ( "succeded");
else System.out.println ( "failed");

}

catch (RemoteException ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
 throw new CoarbConnectionException("APPS_CoarbCon_010", ex);
}
catch (MalformedURLException ex) {
throw new CoarbConnectionException("APPS_CoarbVali_010", ex);
}
 catch (ServiceException ex) {