axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tony Opatha <topa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can AXIS 1.1 Web Services have operations sharing same Requests/Responses?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:52:32 GMT

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your clarification.

So, if the WS-I BP 1.0 requirement is to ensure that each operation have a unique input message
for (Doc/Lit based SOAP messaging) then it seems we can possibly satisfy that requirement
by allowing the one operation's input message be derived-by-extension fromanother operation's
input message.

Are there any restriction that the derived-by-extension input message

is defined in a different namespace, possibly?

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----

From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:anne@manes.net]

Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 5:38 AM

To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Subject: Re: Can AXIS 1.1 Web Services have operations sharing same

Requests/Responses?

Tony,

I can't answer your question regarding the behavior of Axis, but according

to the WS-I Basic Profile, each operation must have a unique message

signature, which is defined by the qname of the child element of the

<env:Body> element. (When using Doc/Literal, the child element of the

<env:Body> is the element specified in the input message body <part>

element attribute.) Therefore each operation must use a unique input

message. No such restriction exists for the output message.

Anne