axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Shantanu Sen <s...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: question regarding WSDL and WS-Security
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:30:57 GMT
Suppose I have a method that I want to expose as a
web-service. I can generate a WSDL that describes the
service end-point, format etc. Supppose I expect that
one or more parameters of this method will be
encrypted , and my service will also return an
encrypted string which I expect the client to decrypt.

How would I go about describing this to the client?
Clearly, I need to supply something more than a WSDL
document to the client. Even if the client has an
underlying infrastructure (e.g. a security gateway) it
needs some sort of information. Does WS-Policy provide
 that?

Thanks,
Shantanu Sen