axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject avoid Axis gnerating custom version of my bean?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:36:28 GMT
I use the Ant <axis-java2wsdl> and <axis-wsdl2java> tasks to generate my web
service.  My pre-existing service that I point to takes a custom bean and
returns that same custom bean.  When the web service code is generated, Axis
also creates a new version of my bean, only with Axis-specific methods such
as...

public static org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer getDeserializer(
           java.lang.String mechType,
           java.lang.Class _javaType,
           javax.xml.namespace.QName _xmlType) {
        return
          new  org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer(
            _javaType, _xmlType, typeDesc);
    }

So, I now have to ditch my original bean in favor of this for both the client
and the server?  The bean is used with other non-Axis related apps so this
would be a pretty big inconvenience, not to mention that the former POJO now
has a depencency on Axis.

Is this necessary?  Is there any way around it?

jake