axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Fernandez Martinez, Alejandro" <a.fernandez.marti...@ibermatica.com>
Subject RE: Non-RemoteException serialization
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:10:18 GMT
Hi Francisco,

That is only a partial solution. For example, if the remote side throws an
unexpected exception (say, a NullPointerException), it is difficult to see
it at all -- you would get an AxisFault just as always, and would have to
display or log it to see the problem.

Ideally, I would like to be able to differentiate between communication
failures, declared exceptions on the remote side and unexpected exceptions.
It is hard to tell them apart unless you can get them deserialized via
AxisFault.getCause().

Alex.