axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Coffman, Bill" <bcoff...@paypal.com>
Subject Couldn't find trusted certificate
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 03:16:04 GMT
Hello,

I am new to AXIS, and even pretty new to Java.  My goal is to write a
soap client that connects to a url over https, with a certificate.
Having lot's of trouble with that, I am attempting to simply connect to
a basic HTTPS server.  The sample code from jsse1.0.3_02 gives a
URLReader example, that doesn't work with my system.  I get the infamous
"Exception in thread "main" javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
Couldn't find trusted certificate" error.  The code is below:

import java.net.*;

import java.io.*;

public class URLReader {

        URL verisign = new URL("https://www.verisign.com/");

        BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(

                                new InputStreamReader(

                                verisign.openStream()));

        String inputLine;

        while ((inputLine = in.readLine()) != null)

            System.out.println(inputLine);

        in.close();

    }

}

My compiler is j2sdk1.4.0, and interpreter is j2re1.4.0.

Now, if I change the URL to http://www.paypal.com
<http://www.paypal.com/> , (note the http, and not https) the program
works!  Inspite of the fact paypal will not send any unencrypted html.
It forwards, via 302 code, to https, and then in fact prints out the
https code that I request.  I am not even trying to use a certificate
here, but still get this message.

I would appreciate any help.  Please also reply to my email address:
bcoffman@paypal.com as I have having some issues receiving the mail,
even though I am subscribed.

Thanks,

Bill Coffman