axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sherman, Dennis (END-CHI)" <dennis.sher...@endinfosys.com>
Subject RE: deploy my project in axis
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:00:20 GMT
We don't expose "axis" either...

Your tomcat's server.xml (and/or a web.xml under webapps) needs to know how
to get to the axis servlet.  You can expose something else as the servlet's
name, but your tomcat configuration has to know about it.

Strictly speaking, this isn't an axis issue, but a tomcat configuration
issue.  There's a huge amount of flexibility built into tomcat, so exactly
how you deal with this depends on your deployment standards.  But that's the
ballpark to be looking in.

--
Dennis R. Sherman
Endeavor Information Systems
847-227-2976
Dennis.Sherman@endinfosys.com
http://www.endinfosys.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MANCHIKALAP, KRISHNA (SBCSI) [mailto:mk3146@sbc.com]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 11:06 AM
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: deploy my project in axis

Hello,
	I have created a project called "mywebservice" in
TOMCAT_HOME\webapps
& moved all axis jar files to mywebservice\WEB-INF\lib

When i try to run client endpoint as
"http://localhost:8080/mywebservice/services/Calculator
<http://localhost:8080/mywebservice/services/Calculator> "
then it throws an error as The AXIS engine could not find a target service
to invoke!  targetService is null but if i try to deploy same thing in
TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\axis as "http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Calculator
<http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Calculator> " then its working fine.

As per my project requirement i cannot use project name as "axis" so i have
to define my project name. Is there any place i have to define mywebservice
is as axis project.

I appreciate if someone can help me out to fix this problem.

Thanks,
-- Kri$hn@
*: bus: mk3146@sbc.com <mailto:mk3146@sbc.com> 	*: +1 (314) 331 - 9897
*: per:  email@mkrishna.com    	*: +1 (925) 864 - 0012