axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "PILLAI,RANJITH (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)" <ranjith.pil...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Confusion in getHeaderByName methods - Please help
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:59:30 GMT
Hi,
	Somebody please explain me this or point me to some documentation(I
read Axis API documentation) which explains this a little more..

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks,
Ranjith Pillai.

-----Original Message-----
From: PILLAI,RANJITH (HP-PaloAlto,ex1) [mailto:ranjith.pillai@hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 9:24 AM
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: Confusion in getHeaderByName methods - Please help

Hi,

Could somebody explain me the difference between below given API's.
Unfortunately I couldn't figure out from API documentation.

1) public SOAPHeaderElement getHeaderByName(java.lang.String namespace,
                                         java.lang.String localPart)
                                  throws AxisFault
	Get a header by name (always respecting the currently in-scope
actors list)

AxisFault

2) public SOAPHeaderElement getHeaderByName(java.lang.String namespace,
                                         java.lang.String localPart,
                                         boolean accessAllHeaders)
                                  throws AxisFault

	Get a header by name, filtering for headers targeted at this engine
depending on the accessAllHeaders parameter.

In my service I used the first API. This worked fine, but when I ported my
service to a different system, it failed.  I am wondering why... I don't
have any actors defined.

Any feed back will be really appreciated..

Thanks,
Ranjith Pillai.