axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ed Pond <ep...@VALINF.COM>
Subject Re: Java2WSDL - why?
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:26:56 GMT
If I'm using the WSDD to set web service properties (eg. to use a document
service style) then these properties have no way of appearing in the WSDL
generated by Java2WSDL, since Java2WSDL itself generates the WSDD. Since the
WSDL dynamically generated by axis (eg.
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/VelocityService?wsdl
<http://localhost:8080/axis/services/VelocityService?wsdl> ) will reflect
the properties specified in the WSDD this seems to me to make the Java2WSDL
inappropriate.

I guess the crux of the matter is: Is there any need to use Java2WSDL if we
are using WSDD to configure the web service?

Ed