axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ed Pond <ep...@VALINF.COM>
Subject Java2WSDL - why?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:39:47 GMT
So I can take a class, describe my proposed web service in a WSDD and then
use AdminClient to publish it. But much of the documentation and discussion
here describes how to use Java2WSDL to generate WSDL - what is the
motivation for doing this when Axis does this for you?

I'm trying to expose an existing java api as a web service and have
successfully done so using just a WSDD and AdminClient, and also by using
Java2WSDL, then WSDL2Java to generate server-side bindings, but this latter
approach took a huge amount of effort compared to the former, and doesn't
directly bind to the implementation class I want it to.

Any ideas?

Ed

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you. Copyright Valid Information Systems Limited.
http://www.valinf.com Address Morline House, 160 London Road, Barking,
Essex, IG11 8BB. Tel: 020 8215 1414 Fax: 020 8215 2040.