axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Abbott <br...@dommoni.com>
Subject Re: Subject lines prepended with "[AXIS-USERS] "
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:43:17 GMT
I disagree entirely, it's not redundant. The problem is that, the
reply-to address is the list address and, the from address is set to
whoever sent it. Because this problem generally only appears on
mailing-lists, people dont want to have to add a column to their mail
viewer (the reply-to field), just for a certain group of mailings.
Furthermore, if the list name was prepended, the user is able to
visually parse the source and therefore, what is normally in the domain
of fancier mail programs now becomes possible to a larger number of
client programs. Just because MS Outlook has filtering, dont expect
every other mail-reader to as well.

Can we please add this to the list server.

Brian Abbott