axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>
Subject Re: Bug? Stateful Session EJB support
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 08:32:12 GMT
Hi Pedro,

Pedro Salazar wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 16:59, Rodrigo Ruiz wrote:
>

>>Here it is my little proposal (I'm not saying it is easy or fast to
>>implement ;-) )
>>
>>For each stateful EJB, create two services:
>>

>[snip]
>

>>My two cents ;-)
>>Rodrigo Ruiz
>>

>Very interesting, indeed.
>
>Since I'm not aware about the spec for the use of EJBs as web services,
>please allow me ask you a question:
>
>The EJBs (or at least the Rodrigo's proposal) are only based on remote
>interfaces (the session was based on the handlers as the id) or could be
>also based on local interfaces?

In my proposal, the factory must return "something" that can be later
used to retrieve the correct EJB instance. I used EJB handles simply
because they are serializable and can be transferred as base64 encoded
strings, without needing custom serializers. As far as the returned
object allows the access to the correct instance, it can be anything,
even a generated GUID that is used as a key in a map shared by the
factory and instance web services ;-)

Last time I read J2EE spec. there were no local interfaces yet, but if
you can retrieve a serializable handle from them, you should be able to
use them safely.  If not, you can use another mechanism, like the shared
map I mentioned before :-)