axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Hamid <ar...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: soap over tcp
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:15:49 GMT
Do you know if </soap:Envelope> is ever emitted on the client?

For debugging purposes, read the stream entirely into a byte array and
then print the contents out as a string.  The parser may either not be
getting the final tag (I doubt this, the flush() on client side should
send it), OR it may be default have validation turned on, and is
waiting for the real "end" of the document so that it can do some sort
of validation or display errors.  Maybe there is a way to turn this off.

Otherwise your only solution will be to consume the message yourself
somehow (maybe by sending a leading number of bytes written to stream,
or just by checking until end tag is reached) then just provide a
streamsource from bytearrayinputstream.

Using BufferedReader.readLine will almost never work and is a frequent
error in network programming as the readLine method will block until
an EOL series is reached, which may well never come.

Aaron