axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chetan Lalye <cla...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Session Handling and Stateful WS
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:08:57 GMT
Hi,

I have a couple of questions for the axis gurus..

1. Session Handling
 I created a simple stateful webservice by using the SimpleSession Handler and it seemed to
work. However I wanted to know how this scales to mutiple users and clients. Are there any
limitations ? Are there any other issues that I should be concerned about ?

2. adding SoapHeaders

I have written my own handler that adds a Soap Header to Envelope...here's the code
snippet.

SOAPEnvelope    localEnvelope = msg.getSOAPEnvelope();

SOAPHeaderElement header = new SOAPHeaderElement(MYNAMESPACE,
                        MYLOCALART, id); /// id is a Long object containing a long value

localEnvelope .addHeader(header);

during the execution, there is a exception thrown somewhere in the axis code that
"java.lang.Exception: No deserialization context to use in MessageElement.getValueAsType()!"

I'm assuming that somewhere its trying to obtain the value of the Header and that must have
failed...looks like the header isn't created correctly...

Any ideas what could be wrong here ??

thanks
Chetan