axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Vieitez" <tony.viei...@responsauk.co.uk>
Subject RE: Authentication - Could anyone help me plzzzzzzz
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:08:35 GMT
OK, so if you have a container managed username and password protected
web service, and the client classes are generated from the wsdl, if the
person implementing the client code knows the usernmame and password,
what would be the code for implementing access to the web service?

Also, if anyone knows any articles on axis authentication/security, I
would appreciate info on this

Thanks

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Pollak [mailto:h.pollak@pke.at]
Sent: 04 December 2003 12:59
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Authentication - Could anyone help me plzzzzzzz

as i have understood:

The handler is a thing befor the WS ( not part of it ) and the WSDL
describe the WS - so elements only used in handler shouldn't and
couldn't be described in Webservice, so you can only tell your opposit
what to do in document the webservice in hardware ways ( email, letters,
tell him ... ).

best regards
Harry