axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gary L Peskin" <ga...@firstech.com>
Subject RE: Need help on SAXNotSupportedException
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:37:30 GMT
Rick --

At a glance, it sounds like, in the second application, that the parser is
being loaded by a different classloader than axis.  Are you able to bring up
WSAD-IE and just run the second application right after you bring up
WSAD-IE, without first running the first application?  Does it still fail
then?

Check for other copies of Xerces hanging around.  IBM JDKs used to
distribute xerces.jar or xml4j.jar or something like that in the jre/lib/ext
directories so that they were loaded by the system extension classloader
rather than off of the classpath.  I'm not sure if they still do.  In
addition, I think that WSAD-IE also has versions of the xerces classes
stashed away somewhere.

But I'd put my money on a classloader problem.  You could include a code
snippet in

  com.principal.ind.casa.client.proxies.CasaBaseProxy.doCall

to examine the classloaders of
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl and
org.xml.sax.ext.LexicalHandler by using something like

  System.err.println("ClassLoader for " + <object1> + " is " +
<object1>.getClass().getClassLoader());

for both objects, if you can get them.  Or, you might need to insert this
code, just temporarily, into a modified copy of DeserializationContextImpl
to see why this is so.

Better yet, the IBM JDKs have a classloader trace mechanism that will show
you exactly what's happening.  Set the system property

  ibm.cl.verbose=DeserializationContextImpl Lexical Handler

and this should show you where these two classes are loaded from, if IBM
classloaders are doing the loading.

HTH,
Gary

 <...>
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,135 DEBUG current form is FORM_INPUTSTREAM
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,175 DEBUG
> org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(pushHandler00)
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,175 DEBUG Pushing handler
> org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeHandler@f9bed10
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,196 DEBUG
> org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: PAR012 For propertyID
> "http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler", the value
> "org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl@d57ed10"
> cannot be cast to LexicalHandler.
> http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler
> org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl@d57ed10
> LexicalHandler
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,196 DEBUG Enter: SOAPPart ctor(FORM_FAULT)
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,206 DEBUG
> org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(setMsgForm)
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,206 DEBUG Setting current message form
> to: FORM_FAULT (currentMessage is now org.apache.axis.AxisFault)
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,206 DEBUG Exit: SOAPPart ctor()
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,206 DEBUG
> org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(exception00)
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,206 DEBUG Exception:
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,216 DEBUG NSPush (32)
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,306 DEBUG
> org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(empty00)
>    2003-12-14 18:03:58,306 DEBUG NSPop (empty)
>    AxisFault
>  faultCode:
> {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
>  faultSubcode:
>  faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: PAR012
> For propertyID
> &quot;http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler&quot;,
> the value
> &quot;org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl@d57e
> d10&quot; cannot be cast to LexicalHandler.
> http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler
> org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl@d57ed10
> LexicalHandler
>  faultActor:
>  faultNode:
>  faultDetail:
> 	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
> org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException: PAR012 For propertyID
> &quot;http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler&quot;,
> the value
> &quot;org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl@d57e
> d10&quot; cannot be cast to LexicalHandler.
> http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler
> org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl@d57ed10
> LexicalHandler
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.setProperty(Abstra
> ctSAXParser.java:1619)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.setProperty(SAXParserImpl
> .java:205)
> 	at
> org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Dese
rializationContextImpl.java:241)