axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Humberg" <slomo...@gmx.de>
Subject Can webservice code read from file?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:27:34 GMT
I an quite new to axis and I am stuck in a UserException problem:

I have a method 'String addEntry()' that reads from a local file and
then adds an entry to a mysql-database.
If I run addEntry locally, it works fine. If I call it with a
webservice-client, I get a soap-fault:
-----
 <soapenv:Fault>

<faultstring>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException</faultstring>
-----
I suppose this is because I try to read the file and try to write into
the database.
 (if I delete this party of the code, it works fine from the webservice
client).
Maybe this is not allowed in the standard security configuration.
What can I do? Change deploy.wsdd? Change server-config.wsdd? Anything
else?

Thanks, Daniel