axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ben" <benjaminwoot...@hotpop.com>
Subject RE: Deserialising beans example
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:12:07 GMT
Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone have any idea with this?  Or a doc they
could point me towards?

Thx
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben [mailto:benjaminwootton@hotpop.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 1:36 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Deserialising beans example

My WSDL defines a sequence of strings as a return type.  When statically
building the stubs, the return type of the method I want to call is
_GetPriceResponse_GetPriceResult.  Presumably this is a custom serialised
bean, though does the code below indicate otherwise?

Anyway, my question is, is there an example anywhere of deserializing a
bean, preferably to a String or some other object?  It seems like a simple
thing to do, but there are no examples in the docs.

FYI The deserialiser method:

public static org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer getDeserializer(
           java.lang.String mechType,
           java.lang.Class _javaType,
           javax.xml.namespace.QName _xmlType) {
        return
          new  org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer(
            _javaType, _xmlType, typeDesc);
    }

Thanks in advance
Ben