axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "PILLAI,RANJITH (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)" <ranjith.pil...@hp.com>
Subject RE: How to define document/literal service with multiple operatio ns
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:01:08 GMT
Hi Mike,

  If I am right, wrapper element around your actual document is not specific
to Axis. That is the way Weblogic also works, Weblogic determines which
method to invoke, based on this wrapper element (root element of your xml
payload).
Thanks,
Ranjith Pillai.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Woinoski [mailto:michaelw@pineneedleconsulting.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 2:48 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to define document/literal service with multiple operations

Keith,

> With document/literal web services you need to define your schema in
> such a way that the "wrapper" element or root element will lead you to
> the business function. So you are not just defining the data that needs
> to be sent but also a wrapper element that suggests the operation to be
> performed.

Well, that may be the way Axis currently routes messages, but I prefer to
develop my application's schema based on what is appropriate for the
application, not because of the limitations imposed by a particular
implementation. This is exactly the kind of situation that SOAPAction is
supposed to address. .NET uses it for routing messages, so I know Axis HAS
support it ;-) I suspect it's just a matter of configuring HTTPActionHandler

correctly.

Also, I'd like to keep my web services portable to different JAX-RPC
implementations, so I try to avoid Axis-specific features (e.g.,
Message-style
services.)

> Read the axis users guide about "service styles"
> specifically the "message", "document" and "wrapped" service styles.

I did. I didn't find anything in the user's guide about the details of
routing
document-style services.

Regards,
Mike

--

Mike Woinoski                      Pine Needle Consulting
mailto:michaelw@pineneedleconsulting.com