axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shah, Soniya M." <ssh...@telcordia.com>
Subject RE: Axis vs WebLogic 8.1
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:23:51 GMT
I had looked into this and preferred Axis for following reasons:

1. I was new to Web Services found Axis much simpler and easier to
understand. Also there are lot of tools out there which supports Axis. I
used Jbuilder and had my web service working in matter of days.

2. I was not sure about it's inter-operability with other SOAP engines.

3. In case you decide to change your platform, (e.g. we are thinking about
moving to Jboss) you will have to make changes.

Hope this helps.

Soniya

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Liang [mailto:kevinliang01@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 12:53 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis vs WebLogic 8.1

Hi,

  I'm wondering if anybody comparing commercial Java Web Services products
with Axis? WebLogic 8.1 claims to provide many Web Services features. Is it
comparable to Axis or way over?

  Also, is there any live production system using Axis?

  Thanks.

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Protect  <http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree> your identity with Yahoo!