axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bobak, Greg P." <GregBo...@ColeNational.com>
Subject RE: Setting port for WS Client (No Firewall Proxy)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:50:30 GMT
Using this:

System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", proxy.port.here);

Did not change the source port for the WS Client.

Greg Bobak
 http://www.thingsremembered.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Bobak, Greg P. [mailto:GregBobak@ColeNational.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 9:34 AM
To: 'axis-user@ws.apache.org'
Subject: Setting port for WS Client (No Firewall Proxy)

Hi,
I've searched the archive for this to no avail:
I have an Axis client that will sit behind a tightly controlled firewall.
The service resides on an external IP -- I need to tell my network
administrators which ports to open to that IP -- WE DO NOT HAVE A PROXY
through the firewall.  Will this work to force the Axis client to use a
select port:

System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", proxy.port.here);

If it does (I will check), are there any threading concerns (multiple
clients running simultaneously hitting the same port)?
Regards,
Greg
Greg Bobak
Cole National
http://www.thingsremembered.com

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person),
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this
message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.