axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <webmas...@blis-project.org>
Subject WSDL, WSDD and attachments : Please how to?
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:08:54 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently developing a web service where I have a method that send or receive some data
in attachments.
My goal is to make it interoperable at least in the following situations:
- Axis server / Axis client
- Axis server / .NET client

I know the following question have been asked several times but I just can't get any clear
answer from the archive of the AXIS mailing list.

I would like to know exactly what I have to do in the WSDD for deploying my webservice so
that my client knows about the attachements when generating the stub from the server's WSDL.

For information, I know already how to add attachement in the response message of a method,
how to return a DataHandler (I'm not even sure if I really need that). Unfortunately I just
can't get the "<mime:...>" or "<dime:...>" specific stuff appearing in the wsdl.

I would like to see something like the following in my WSDL:
<output>
 <mime:multipartRelated>
   <mime:part>
     <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="myns" encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
/>
   </mime:part>
   <mime:part>
     <mime:content part="result" type="text/plain"/>
   </mime:part>
 </mime:multipartRelated>
</output>

Any help would be really appreciated it terms of:
- link to discussions/documentations
- "howto" guide for WSDD and web service method to get the needed stuff in the WSDL (<mime...>
or/and <dime...>)

Thanks.
Patrick.