axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Woinoski <micha...@pineneedleconsulting.com>
Subject Re: How to define document/literal service with multiple operatio ns
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:12:18 GMT
Hi, Ranjith. Actually, I don't think document/literal and message-style are
exactly equivalent. Document/literal is defined by the WSDL spec and is general
term that applies to all web services, whether implemented with Axis, JWSDP,
.NET, etc. Message-style is an Axis-specific technique for handling
document/literal operations. The difference among document, wrapped, and message
style is the way you write the Java implementation, not in the way the message
is routed. If the <service> element in deploy.wsdd has "style='document'", the
operation receives one parameter of an application-specific type (e.g.,
PurchaseOrder). If "style='message'", the operation receives a parameter of type
org.w3c.dom.Element[], org.w3c.dom.Document, etc. But by default, the message
routing is done the same for all document/literal operations: the qualified name
of the child of the SOAP Body is used as the qualified name of the operation.

Regards,
Mike

--

Mike Woinoski                      Pine Needle Consulting
mailto:michaelw@pineneedleconsulting.com