axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Tratter <trat...@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Connection refused
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:02:35 GMT
Hi Håkan!

Have you created the stub using WSDL2Java?
Then maybe the problem is that in the WSDL-file there's something like:

    <service name="XXX">
       <port name="YYY" binding="ZZZ">
          <soap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/HakansService" />
       </port>
    </service>

By letting WSDL2Java create the stubs automatically, then of course the
location in soap:address is used by default.
So if you call the service from another machine than the where Axis is
running on, you must of course fail.

Remedy:
Explicitly set the location before service-invocation with something
like the following:

java.net.URL portAddress;
portAddress = new java.net.URL(
    "http://serverAxisRunsOn:8080/axis/services/HakansService" );
XXXLocator loc = new XXXLocator();
YYY myService = loc.getYYY(portAddress);

Did this help?

cheers,
Christoph