axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Oinn <...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Setting port for WS Client (No Firewall Proxy)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:17:26 GMT
Surely if you want the client to use a particular port and you control
the server, don't you just set the server to run on that port? There is
no way the client can contact the server on any port other than the one
it's running on...

My advice would be to install a proper HTTP proxy server and configure
the client appropriately, you'll also need to tell it which machine the
proxy is running on and any hosts that the proxy should be bypassed for.
As a general rule just punching holes through your firewall leads to
some real security nightmares.

Tom