axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sherman, Dennis (END-CHI)" <dennis.sher...@endinfosys.com>
Subject RE: Newbie axis problem
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:47:50 GMT
If what you wrote below wasn't just sloppy description, your problem is
* jar the .class files, put the jar in /lib
* run the admin client from the directory the .wsdd lives in

Once you've compiled and jar'd your .java files, you've got no need for the
.class files, and the wsdd is used only while the AdminClient is running.
There's no need for it to be in your deployment tree.

--
Dennis R. Sherman
Endeavor Information Systems
847-227-2976
Dennis.Sherman@endinfosys.com
http://www.endinfosys.com

-----Original Message-----
From: DANIEL SKILES [mailto:dskiles@psu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:20 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Newbie axis problem

All,
I am currently working on writing a deploying a web service (not one of the
examples) for the first time.  The documentation is excellent if you have
everything in one class and one file, but I am trying to use custom classes
(something.java) in my services.  I have jar'd every .java file, placed the
jar
files in \lib, placed the .class files in \classes, the .wsdd in \classes,
and
then run the Admin client to deploy it.  When I look at the deployed
services
in Axis I get a page that says "And now... Some Services," but does not list
any deployed services.  The Tomcat logs show a "bad magic number" error.  Am
doing something terribly wrong here?

Any help that anyone could offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel Skiles